Friday, April 20, 2012

Sao Paulo Visit


After taking the 16 hour night bus from Paraty where it rained all of the way, I found it easy to navigate to the Sao Paulo Saci Hostel by taking the Metro. It was a real crush of bodies during the morning rush hour, but everyone seemed accommodating as I followed the two subway lines that got me to the Hostel.

After freshening up and storing my bag in a locker, I headed back to the metro to take the Sao Paulo walking tour featured in my Lonely Planet guide. The highlight was going up to the viewing tower of the art deco building you see in the photo above--the BANESPA building. The city stretches beyond what the eye can see.





Another building that caught my eye was the Edificio Italia building.

Apparently, to avoid the crushing traffic jams, wealthy people use helicopters to get around the city. they have over 300 heliports vs. just 60 in New York. Throughout the two days, I was there, I heard the constant buzzing of them as they swooped about the city.

While visiting Sao Paulo, the weather was sunny until my next night bus ride to Foz do Iguacu. As I transferred from the Metro to the bus station, it began pouring down and it continued to rain throughout my travel Foz do Iguacu.

No comments:

Post a Comment