Monday, May 26, 2014

Arrived in Moscow--May 26, 2014

After an easy flight from Seattle to Frankfurt I ended up having to go through another security clearance that took me about an hour to go through. Too bad I could not just go get to my Moscow gate without going through another screening.


I arrived at the Moscow airport late afternoon. It was easy to find the ATM machine where I got 9000 Roubles to start my Russia Adventure. I worked my way through the aggressive touts offering trips and tours to downtown Moscow. Instead, I headed to the Aeroexpress Train which would take me downtown for 400 Roubles--$12USD which was a 50 km trip.


Navigating this Metro was the most difficult because the signage was so unclear. On the way to the hostel I ended up going the wrong direction so just got off on the next stops and returned to the station I needed.


Here is the station nearest to Godzilla's Hostel which was just about a 10-minute walk from here.


I was so happy to get to the Godzilla Hostel after traveling so far. I met many travelers there who had just finished traveling the Trans-Siberian train from Beijing who gave me lots of tips on how to do my trip south to China.

No comments:

Post a Comment