Monday, June 30, 2014

Easy Rider from Danang to Hoi An--June 26, 2014

We arrived in Danang about two hours late because one of the trains hit a car and blocked our passage until they could get a replacement engine. Good thing it was not our train.


As I left the station I was looking around for a minibus with a Hoi An sign on it rather than jumping on a moto-taxi to catch a ride to the bus station. Instead, Minh, an Easy Rider, offered me a ride on his big motorcycle to Hoi An for 150,000. This sounded "easy" to me.


I am just posing and was just a passenger on this run.










After getting to Hoi An, I first headed down to the harbor area for a bit of lunch and then checked out a number of hotels I had reviewed in the Lonely Planet guide. One of the ones listed in the old copy of the guide book I had was just a pile of rubble. That was the one nearest to the wharf at a reasonable price. After checking out a few, I ended up staying at the Hoi Pho Hotel at $15 per night.

 It was a very clean and comfortable place with A/C, hot showers, CNN, and a comfortable bed, and a nice view out the window of backyard gardens. The staff of Loc, Tho, and Hoa could not be more helpful in helping me out with laundry, directions, and advice on what to see and do, and served up some great Vietnamese coffee.




1 comment:

  1. Nice post.The videoclip was very helpful with amazing pictures.I just loved it.danang travel

    ReplyDelete