Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Delightful Dalat--July 2, 2014

My plan for the day is to just walk around Xuan Huong Lake which is about 7 km with a number of viewpoints and places to stop along the way.


After passing some energetic Zumba dancers I came to a wedding couple that was enduring all of the photo setups their camera crew had decided they just had to do.




After I rounded the top of the lake, I came to the Dalat Flower Garden that was filled with Vietnamese tourists amid the flowers, topiary, and unusual sculptures.






I saw lots of Bonsai trees that my Dad would have envied for their age and beauty.


Here is a worker trimming the bonsai tree.


After that, I stopped for some iced coffee at a cafe that was along the lake as other tourists were doing.


For dinner, I stopped at this restaurant near my hotel and had deer with fries and mixed fried vegetables with rice. It was a fabulous meal complete with some local Dalat red wine.


Tomorrow it will be an all-day bus ride down the mountains to Ho Chi Minh City, my last stop in Vietnam. I will be riding in a sleeper bus-----beds instead of seats---complete with WiFi to pass the 8-hour ride away. I will also be leaving this 70-degree weather for some more 100 plus humidity weather of HCMC. Frequent showers will become the norm before I head to Thailand on July 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment